Nick Runge w/ Justin Daashuur Hopkins | "Still Life Painting In Watercolor"
"In this workshop, I'll demonstrate the approach I take to painting from life, using watercolor, and how the choices we make when choosing items for the still life effect the the overall "mood" of the painting. Justin Daashuur Hopkins and I discuss our collaboration on the composition and the initial idea that launched this second workshop. This course will include a complete painting in real time, as well as full audio commentary and behind the scenes footage of our planning process." - Nick Runge
- Marketplace + Picking Out Still Life Objects
- Composing The Still Life with Justin Daashuur Hopkins
- Drawing Phase
- Painting The Still Life Section #1
- Painting The Still Life Section #2
- Painting The Still Life Section #3
- Painting The Still Life Section #4
- Painting The Still Life Section #5
- Adding The Background
- Finishing The Background
- Unlimited Streaming @ 1080p
- Over 5 Hours of Instructional Content
- Release Date: Mid June 2019
Born in 1985, artist Nick Runge grew up in Colorado. Coming from a creative family of professional artists, he was always interested in drawing and imagining ideas visually. After working as an illustrator full time from 2004-2015 he shifted focus to more personal work using oils and watercolor.
As a portrait/figurative painter, Nick works from life as well as photography, describing his art as something close to “abstracted realism”, with an objective of expressing as much of the realistic human element of life as possible through a limited and often simplified approach to his rendering or brushwork, giving an illusion of realism while, at the same time, breaking shapes and form down enough to have a close balance with abstraction.