Natalia Fabia | "Vibrant Oil Portraiture"
Over the course of “Vibrant Oil Portraiture” Natalia Fabia will walk you through every step of her unique personal process. From photography, digital reference manipulation, to the completed painted portrait—Natalia masterfully guides you down the adventurous path of self discovery.
Although important, creating an impactful portrait isn’t all about the painting technique. So much of the crucial work comes before we even start swirling the pigment.
While shooting the subject, a personal connection is vital. So much of the inspiration for the piece is discovered during the photography process. A pose, a personality, an attitude, anything can trigger a whole world of possibilities and exciting avenues to explore.
Natalia’s use of Photoshop is integral in discovering and testing some of the more abstract concepts before interpreting them in paint.
As for the painting itself—Although her paint application is based on traditional techniques, Natalia never paints the same way twice. Utilizing color, value, shape and edge control, you are given the foundation to bend and break rules to harness your personal style.
This workshop sets out to help you build the confidence to be adventurous and explore your creativity in all new ways that will bring your art to bold new heights.
- Creating the Photo Reference (07:29)
- Setting up Colors and Structure (30:55)
- Initial Layering in the Foreground and Background (53:11)
- Transitional Tones and Refining Shape (27:22)
- Comparing Tones To Soften The Form (45:17)
- Checking Accuracy and Adding Final Details (24:29)
- Unlimited Streaming Access @ 1080p
- Over 3 Hours of Instructional Content